About Fort Worth Area Swim Lessons & Team
* Placed an athlete at EVERY major International swim meet conducted on Earth from 2000-2011. A feat very few swim teams have done in America.
* Had current athletes represent their country and FAST at the 2004 and 2008 Olympic Games (in 2004 resulting in 1 Olympic Gold medal and World Record).
* 4 athletes for FAST have competed at the World Championships.
* 6 athletes have competed for FAST at the Pan-American Games (including 3 finalists and 1 medalist and 1 Champion).
* 2 FINA 18 and Under World Championship qualifiers (both medalists - 1 Gold Medalist).
* 2 NCAA Champions since 2004 swam for FAST during their age group/high school years.
* Top 15 "TAGS" team in 7 of the last 15 years.
* The First USA Swimming Club not directly affiliated with an NCAA Division 1 team in the State of Texas to be named USA Swimming Club Excellence "Gold Medal Club" (Top 20 Swim Clubs in USA were given this distinction in 2005).
* In 2011, FAST was named a USA Swimming Club Excellence "Silver Medal Club" and in 2012 a "Bronze Medal Club" (Top 100 and Top 150 Swim Clubs in USA).
* From 2001 to 2015, FAST has had an athlete on either the USA National or Junior National (18+Under) Team for 10 of the past 14 years.
* FAST has aided it's athletes to athletic scholarships at a wide variety of universities at all competitive levels to the tune of millions of dollars in athletic aid.
* And many, many swimmers, both young and old, had and have a LOT of FUN being part of FAST!!!
We are extremely proud of our history and accomplishments and understand that with every new swim season, this history has the chance to become longer and richer. It is our hope that our members embrace and celebrate our past and use it as motivation to be a big part of our FUTURE! And if you are a prospective member reading about us for the first time, we hope you are EXCITED to be a part of our organization and strive to make your own mark with us!
Formed in 1989, (through predecessor programs - Fort Worth Swim Club, Frog Aquatics, Texas Aquatics, Fort Worth Water Works and Tarrant County Aquatic Team (TCAT), Fort Worth Area Swim Team (FAST), and with the merger in 2020, Sigma Swimming Metroplex Aquatics. "FAST" has been providing professionally coached swimming since the 1970's. As FAST has grown, so have the superlatives our program has developed. Since its formation, FAST has produced several Top 10 team finishes at both the Texas State Age Group Championships (TAGS) and the USA Swimming Southern Zone Sectional Championships. In addition, FAST has been and continues to be represented well at major National and International caliber meets.
Highlighting our FAST history of excellence, in 2004 Dana Vollmer became FAST's first Olympic Finalist and Champion and World Record Holder in Athens, Greece. Four years later, in 2008, marked our return to the Olympic Games as FAST swimmer Camilo Becerra represented Colombia in Beijing. Then, in 2012 Summer Olympics, Dana Vollmer set the world record on her way to the gold medal in the 100-meter butterfly.
In 2005, FAST was the first USA Swimming club not directly affiliated with an NCAA Division 1 team in the state of Texas to be named a USA Swimming National Club Excellence "Gold Medal Club." This designation was bestowed on only 20 teams in the country based on high performance, contributions to the administration and governance of the sport, and best practices in team business. In 2012, FAST was a Bronze Medal team and also covered the entire spectrum of the medal stand in the last several years being named a Silver Medal team in 2011.
In 2020, FAST and Sigma Swimming Metroplex Aquatics merged to become one powerhouse team in Fort Worth. With the new decade brings a renewed and stronger vision for swimming in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, and the surrounding cities/counties that we can reach. One team, one vision, multiple locations.
We take pride in our elite athletic accomplishments that help us to be the only amateur sports team in Fort Worth. Our success at the highest levels of swimming have trickled down to all of our other swim programming: Youth and adult swim lessons, private lessons, and water polo. We continue to strive to continue a tradition of excellence in all areas of aquatics that we are involved in.
Our swim coaches and swim instructors hope that you are excited to be a part of our organization and rich history. You are a part of something special - 45 years of swimming and over 200 years of combined experience.